Job Advertisement: Parent
We are seeking a Parent to join our team of UK Parents.
About the Role
Hours: 168 hours per week
Location: Home-based, though access to a car or public transport is desirable as visits to the park and/or soft play hell labyrinths may be required.
- Imaginative use of baby wipes.
- Accepting graciously that you are never ever playing Lego right. You are doing it wrong.
- Negotiating with a small person who is protest planking amongst the home accessories in Debenhams.
- Clearing up poo, snot and vomit.
- Mind-reading (you will need to know why the baby is crying and during the toddler years you will need to understand that just because he said he wanted cheese sandwiches it doesn't mean he wanted cheese sandwiches, though when you take the cheese sandwiches away he will cry hysterically about the loss of the cheese fucking sandwiches).
- Mediating arguments over who gets the best beaker.
- Overseeing the Witching Hour/s (usually 5pm-7pm, this often involves food being lobbed from highchairs and general arsiness about nothing at all).
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Patience, an NVQ Level 3 in CBeebies and the dexterity of an octopus on speed. You should possess a strong desire to be accompanied everywhere (including the toilet) and a high level of irritation tolerance for programmes like and Twatsy and Tim. You should not possess a strong desire to:
- Get sozzled
- Sit down with a cup of tea
- Browse (any shop, ever)
(As unfortunately these activities are not compatible with the role).
Remuneration Package and Benefits
Salary: The square root of fuck all, per annum.
This role is very much an investment, non-financial rewards include a warm fuzzy feeling and pride so overwhelming your heart could burst.
*The small print
Due to the nature of this role we regret we cannot facilitate any annual leave and there will be no designated breaks throughout your 168 hour weekly shift, though in exceptional circumstances it might be possible to organise cover through our relief agency Grandparent Staffing (extra teeth-brushing will be required as a result). In line with our up-shit-creek-without-a-paddle policy, no training will be provided.
This is a permanent position and you cannot ever resign.